The 37th annual Steppin’ Out is just a few days away, and will take place on Friday Aug 4 & Saturday August 5. Here are a few highlights to help you get the most enjoyment from the festival.
- Be sure to visit the LOVEwork on the lawn of the Alexander Black House and share your LOVE pictures on social media at www.Facebook.com/VirginiaisforLovers and on Twitter using #LOVEVA.
Virginia is for Lovers is about love – pure and simple. The Virginia Tourism Corporation has created oversized LOVEwork (16 feet wide and 7 feet high) to promote the message that “Love is at the heart of every Virginia vacation.” The LOVEwork will arrive on Thursday Aug 3 and remain in place until Sunday Aug 6.
2. Pets are NOT allowed at Steppin’ Out. Dogs may rest in the Canine Corral – Free. There are many important reasons why your dog is happier to stay cool at home but here’s one: The festival has loud music! Dogs can hear at 4 times the distance of humans with good hearing, which could make music at that volume very uncomfortable. There is a whole list of good reasons here at this link.
3. The Steppin’ Out t-shirt- designed this year by Andrew Hill, recent Virginia Tech Graduate and former Mish Mish employee, is absolutely gorgeous. The t-shirt is selling fast so be sure to stop by the t-shirt booth at the festival early to make sure you get yours! The t-shirt booth is located across from the Lyric Theatre on College Avenue and will be open from 10am both days until we sell out!
4. For the second year Steppin’ Out will feature a Beer & Wine Tent just feet away from the Main Stage on North Main Street. Beer and Wine will be available for purchase Friday , August 4, from 2pm-10pm and Saturday, August 5, from 12pm-10pm.
5. We have a STUNNING new Steppin’ Out website which is mobile friendly and easily searchable.Want to know what time The Southern Belles are playing and on which stage? Need to find your favorite potter? Wondering where the free fun stuff for kids is happening and when? You can find out everything you need to know about the festival at www.BlacksburgSteppinOut.com
We’ll see you at Steppin’ Out 2017!